God Knows Who You Are And Loves You


 


One of the things that I cannot help but just get excited about is when I see in the scriptures the fact that God has done so much to set my feet on the right path I cannot help but rejoice.  

I have been reading through Psalm 116 and these verses compel me to want to flip the script in our culture.  We need to change the game because of the facts of what God has done on our behalf.  

Psalm 116:1-2

 I love the Lord, because he has heard

    my voice and my pleas for mercy.

2 Because he inclined his ear to me,

    therefore I will call on him as long as I live.

The fact that the GOD of the universe, JESUS CHRIST hears me, hears my pleas for mercy is just absolutely stunning.  Think about what all the Lord is in the middle of doing.  Every molecule in the universe is in its place and doing what its supposed to be doing and nothing has gone rouge.  The sun is at the perfect distance in order to keep us just at the right temperature.  All of the planets in our solar system travel at just the right rate of speed and distance as to not collide with one another and cause chaos.  God is in charge of all of these things and yet He can and does take time to hear our prayers and our pleas for mercy.  He inclines His ear towards us.  How amazingly fantastic is that? 

Knowing that Jesus knows everything about me and you and still has decided to make Himself and His will known to us is absolutely jaw dropping. We sure don't deserve any of those things, but yet He decided to make all of that known to us.  This should cause in us to have boldness to approach His throne and lay our requests at His feet, knowing that He will take care of us.  This idea should cause us to understand that none of us are an accident and we have a purpose so therefore we should all go figure out what God has for us to do and then walk out faithfully what He has for us to do.

Remember today that God cares for us and we can lay all of our sin, worry, anxiety, and stress at His feet and trust in the  fact that he will take care of every ounce of what we're dealing with. 


Just take some time and read over these few verses in Psalm 116

4 Then I called on the name of the Lord:

    “O Lord, I pray, deliver my soul!”


5 Gracious is the Lord, and righteous;

    our God is merciful.

6 The Lord preserves the simple;

    when I was brought low, he saved me.

7 Return, O my soul, to your rest;

    for the Lord has dealt bountifully with you.


8 For you have delivered my soul from death,

    my eyes from tears,

    my feet from stumbling;

9 I will walk before the Lord

    in the land of the living.


When we trust fully in the person and work of JESUS CHRIST, life is better! 


Pastor Caleb Gordon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No One Dies Early. Thoughts on Virus', Lockdowns, and Spiritual Health From A Pastor

Is Christianity quickly diminishing in US, on pace to become minority religion in decades?

Welcome to the FBC Cedar Vale BLOG!